I love doing something to help nature and society, not just for now, but for future.
– W.L. Hung, CEO
For some people who especially live in the cities, it’s hard for them to understand the value of nature such as wildlife animals, insects, plants, rivers, oceans, forests, and beautiful landscapes etc. The fact is, nature underpins our society, economy, lives, and our very existence indeed. We shouldn’t consider that nature is free, and often take it for granted and overexploit it.
To Will Legend, love humans and nature (the Earth) is to
- Educate public especially kids the importance of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Achieve Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by cutting out toxic cleaners, pesticides (insecticides), or herbicides to protect humans & nature
- Create Will Legend A Flower to Wildlife Corridor to increase biodiversity and achieve Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) goals
- Through Will Legend Sustainable Health to ensure access to clean water and sanitation
- Rebuild our ecosystem especially for insect & animal pollinators
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, allow more natural habitats to achieve sustainable development
- Support forest regeneration, reduce CO2 emissions and achieve carbon neutrality, maintain a livable climate
- Tackle climate change and work to preserve our oceans and marine resources
- Protect the health and safety of humans and nature (the Earth) from the source
- Fulfil green businesses (green services & products) and achieve Eco Living
Will Legend inspires people, and organizations to create more pollinator habitats. Plant a pollinator garden, any size is great! From window and patio planters, to home gardens, to pathways and roadsides, to prairies and meadows, to rooftops of school, commercial buildings – all can help. The more flowering plants, and trees will help improve bee’s, butterfly’s and even wildlife animal’s health, and numbers.
Common nectar plants in Hong Kong are Hawthorn, Lantana, Pentas, Blue Plumbago, Chinese Hibiscus, Britton’s Wild Petunia, Billygoat-weed, Bidens alba, and Ixora etc. Some Trees like Ivy Tree is one of the few flowering plants in winter, and attracts many butterflies, and bees when it blooms. Butterfly larvae feed on host plants, Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)、Turmeric, Chinese Knotweed, Kwai Fah, Dwarf Date Palm (Phoenix roebelenii) and Ramie (Boehmeria nivea) etc.